1. Call ICE – John Morton (202.732.3000)
Sample Script: ”I am calling to ask that Ubel Perez de Leon (A# 205-012-258) be allowed to stay in the United States. Ubel has been living in the United States for the past 9 years. If he is deported, his life could be at risk due to the gang violence in Guatemala. Ubel is DREAM Act eligible and is studying to become an electrician. Don’t deport Ubel.”
2. Sign Petition – Click Here
Do the following breathing exercise either before or after you make your calls. It’s important that we take care of each other, don’t forget to breath!
Breathing Exercise – Ask participants to take deep breaths in 7 counts. Someone should count out loud 7 times as people breath in, and another 7 times as people breath out. People will be taking 3 breaths. Before each breath, explain that:
(1) The first breath is for our past. For the people whose shoulders we stand on. For past victories and hard times.
(2) The second breath is for the work we do now. For the undocumented organizers in the room. For the power we currently have. For Yanelli.
(3) For our future struggles. For remembering that we are part of a bigger history of people fighting for their rights.
- Share your story – We know that Yanelli is not the only one who is battling depression. At some point, we have all been depressed and have felt like our World is about to collapse. If you think you are ready to share your story with us, then please send us a video with your story. We know that someone out there will appreciate you sharing your experience, and that might just be what they need to finally come out of the shadows and reach out for help. Together we can build a stronger and healthier undocumented community. Send your stories to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Tweetactivist in you, help us get the support of the National Alliance on Mental Illness by tweeting the following:
Whether it’s depression or deportation, #No1fightsalone.